Thursday 29 September 2016

"Let Go"

As I laid there at the hands of the dental hygienist I was thinking of my gums that had become very sensitive in the last while. I was concerned she was going to touch some delicate areas. In this moment I realized I could do nothing and I surrendered all to God hoping He would cover the pain.  He did and I had no pain at all!

This reminded me of an incident where our puppy dog was covered in ticks. Mark, my husband took it upon himself and plucked out each and every single tick. Davey, firstly resisted the ordeal with much opposition until he got so exhausted, that he surrendered himself into the hands of his master and Mark was able to do the necessary work on him.

These two examples show us so perfectly how important it is to surrender our very being, our very life into the hands of our wonderful heavenly Father. As we do that, He can do a work in and on us. As I write this devotional I am afresh determined to surrender all to Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x2IpLSfqp8

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment