Friday 30 September 2016

Warfare Tactic No. 1: Engaging

"And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, also how he had executed all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.” And when he saw that, he arose and ran for his life, and went to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there" (1 Kings 19: 1-3 NKJV).

I had a situation that reminded me exactly of this account and how Elijah escaped from Jezebel. He did not engage, but ran away! I did the same. 

A person confronted me via text message and I decided not to respond. In that moment I thought I was doing pretty good, since I did not respond to the unreasonable control/demand of that person. But because I did not engage, that person contacted me 2 more times! To be honest with you, I was afraid of her and did not want to engage because I did not know what to say. I thought just avoiding that person would be a smart way to go about, but that is not the way of warfare. You have to engage even if it means just a short acknowledgement like in my case I could have responded with "I got this". As simple as that and my counterpart would have not bothered or bugged me any longer. 

I definitely learned my lesson that day and I am now prepared to engage especially in difficult / tricky situations. 

Also Paul writes in Romans 12:20 how to engage by referring to Proverbs 25: 21-22:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good".

So, don't avoid but engage, all the time.

Hope this helps :-)
Be blessed with the power from on High.

Much love,

-Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment