Thursday 19 May 2016

"A Little Kindness Goes A Long Way"

I accidentally bumped a cardboard box into the cashier's arm at Aldi while I was checking out. She was a little upset about it and I always wanted to shower her with some kindness. At a recent visit (she did not remember me anymore from the previous incident) she told us that she had been working at Aldi for 40 years!!! and that her retirement was coming up in October.

Wow, talking about faithfulness. I told her I would write an email to the American headquarters in Illinois and shout a praise about her. Although I never heard back from Aldi, they took the email serious because they in fact came to visit Beverly at the Aldi store in Rock Island IL :-)

They showed appreciation by doing an interview with Beverly that will be published in one of their upcoming newsletters. She was so happy and yesterday as we got to talking in the shopping aisle she even hugged me, told me about her retirement plans and gave a shout of praise to the Lord.

This got me thinking that a little kindness can go such a long way. It can travel all the way to the American Headquarters of Aldi, stir up a person to make a trip to Rock Island to touch a persons life like Beverly and show her some appreciation and dignity which she absolutely deserves.

Oh, may we all go out of our own way and take some time to appreciate someone else. The world would be a better place if we'd all show a little kindness here and there.

Much love as always,

-Suzanne Tanner

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment