Wednesday 25 May 2016

"I Blot Out Your Stains"



Beet juice is probably the worst liquid you can stain your clothes with. Well, it happened to me and I accidentally spilled beet juice on my new nice work shirt and a pair of my blue jeans. On top of my clumsiness our washing machine broke down. I had to make a quick decision and so I treated my clothes with a stain remover and soaked them in water and laundry soap for a few of days. Yesterday as I rinsed both pieces I was more than pleasantly surprised to see that all stains had vanished.

No doubt this situation reminded me right away of Isaiah 1:18 where the Lord promises “Come now, and let us reason together,” says the Lord,“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool."   

Also Isaiah 43:25 says “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins."

Sometimes it is our own wrong doing that needs cleansing. At other times we are contaminated from the stuff of the world or negative words that were spoken against us. Whatever it is, when you feel "contaminated" you go straight to the Lord and let Him wash you clean. Make it a habit to soak in His presence because it is in that holy place where He will purify you and restore your joy back to you.

With much love,

-Suzanne Tanner


No comments:

Post a Comment