Monday 19 October 2015

"You are Not Insignificant"

Recently my husband asked me or should I say I volunteered :-) to remove the tack carpet boards in one of our bedrooms and also lower the trim pieces. As I was sitting on a small stool having no idea how to do this, I just started out working by myself with a flat crow bar, pliers, a hammer and nails. As I was coming along quite successfully my thoughts drifted back through my childhood and teenage years. I was a very insecure child and I didn't think good about myself. I tried to cover up my insecurity and find my identity and acceptance in the wrong type of relationships.

But now, at the age of 55 I am helping my husband in the things I never thought I could do. Besides doing some handy work here and there I have discovered some character traits and skills in me which I can use for the good of others. It's as if everything was lying dormant for so many years but now, Christ being my strong confidant, He is bringing to life my true identity. Everything seems to be possible now. He has restored dignity, worth and acceptance in me.

I want you to know, that the Lord wants to bring back to life the things you did not know were there. Things that were dormant for so long. I pray that you be vulnerable to His kindness so that you will find happiness and every good thing.

Jesus is good and Jesus is kind.

Much love,
-Suzanne Tanner

“So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, the consuming locust and the chewing locust, my great army which I sent among you" (Joel 2:25 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment