Thursday 22 October 2015

"Empowering Others"

Honestly, for a long time I did not know that the word empowerment existed and what it meant. Having grown up with an overwhelmed mother of twins and an often absent father it seemed that my actions were never good enough and hence my whole personality was shattered already at a young age. In the work force I have been very fortunate to have recently found two empowering, outstanding supervisors and on a personal level several gentle women that I call friends of a lifetime and beyond.

In this day and age it is rare to find empowering people. Why? Because it requires love for humanity, maturity and selflessness. These ladies have brought so much healing to my heart just by their mere kindness. Through their goodness towards me they have impressed on me that all things are possible. They have released me and freed me into the things of God and convinced me through their sensitivity that true woman leadership does not have to be bossy, but is femininity at its best.

Their legacy has to continue. I have no other choice, I am compelled to do unto others as they did to me.

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets" (Matthew 7:12 NKJV).

For the Kingdom of God,

-Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment