Sunday 2 September 2012

"You Don't Have to be Afraid"

“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth” (Genesis 1:28 KJV).


I don’t know about you, but I used to be so afraid of dogs. I remember a situation where I went to visit a friend. I knew she had two very lively dogs that barked loud and a lot. So you can imagine as soon as I knocked on her door both dogs went off and barked with all the air that was in their lungs. I tell you, they gave it their all!


Jack Russell Terrier
My lady friend came to the door and told me that it was alright for me to enter her house as she had secured the dogs. She did want to let them out for me to meet them but let me tell you, I was just too afraid. Their fierce barking had struck so much fear in my heart that under no circumstance I was willing to face them.
The very same problem I had for years with the devil. I was too afraid of him. I didn’t want to face him nor deal with him. But now that I have this little puppy dog the LORD showed me something really powerful and imagine this, I am no longer afraid of dogs! Although my puppy dog is probably one of the smallest dogs, let me tell you his teeth are not that insignificant at all. In fact they are sharp! It’s funny though, as I take dominion over him I am even able to open his mouth, go in there with my fingers and snatch something out of there. I do the very same thing with the devil and so nowadays I think that taking dominion is indeed a great action plan of God.

Today I want to speak to your heart and tell you the truth: you don’t have to be afraid of the devil anymore or any other enemy. It is really that simple; you just take dominion in Jesus Name! This is an exclusive position only the children of God get to enjoy. So aren’t you glad you are one of His?

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment