Sunday 26 August 2012

"The Presence of God in You"

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7 NIV).
 

I am enjoying a very inspiring book. One day I came across a statement that caught my attention right away. It said, “People without presence are not a threat to the enemy’. A few days later I witnessed a very powerful illustration that showed me what “with presence” would mean.
 
It was when my husband and I drove to the nearby dog park so that our dog could be let loose and take an unhindered run. As we approached the park we were totally amazed at the hosts of peacefully camping geese. The threat for them however began right away as we stepped out of our car and marked our presence by putting the soles of our feet to the ground. I tell you, it was wonderful to see how at once one after another arose and took a flight in the opposite direction. We didn’t have to shout or fight; our presence alone released such an amazing dread in the air.
 
Imagine this: Evil takes a flight before you! God within you marks such a strong presence that strikes fear and sends every evil thing, every sickness and disease to flight. What you need to do is internalize and rest in the words from the Bible such as,“God in me is the hope of Glory. The one who is in me is greater than the one who is in the world. When I submit myself to God and resist the devil, he will flee from me.” And that’s the good news by Jesus Christ for you today and for evermore!
 
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
 

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment