Thursday 31 May 2018

His Glorious Presence

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1: 6-7 NKJV).

For a couple of years now we have had fluorescent tube lights downstairs in the basement where I operate my micro bakery and my husband has his man cave. I didn't know anything else and they have always served their purpose. But my husband Mark, that knows how to improve the quality of life, always wanted LED lights. So the time finally came and we were able to install them within the drop ceiling. 

Oh, how glorious these lights are. Everything looks different, so clear, so warm, so precise. I enjoy going downstairs even more so and work the bakery with these kind of lights shining down on me and my baked goods. And I am thinking, why did I wait so long? I don't know, I just thought that the previous lights were good enough. I did not know any different. Now there is such a peace when I stand in the light and I can imagine how it must be like to be in Heaven in the Presence of Almighty God.

The Bible talks a lot about light. Walking in the light, that Jesus is the Light of the World, that He wants us to be light, that His word is a light to our feet. There is a beautiful verse I found in Ephesians 5:14 where it says "This is why it is said: “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” 

This story with our ceiling lights reminds me of my own life but also that a lot of people are satisfied with what they have. But truth be known, the Lord wants so much more for us. There is a glory and a peace that comes from being in His presence not only when we reach heaven but already here on earth. And there is nothing better to know that He will make known to us the path of life; He will fill us with joy in His presence, with eternal pleasures at His hand (Psalm 16:11).

May the Lord bless you today dear reader and make His face shine upon you.
For the purpose of making Jesus real here on earth.
-Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment