Sunday 9 April 2017

"Just Do It"

"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give" (Matthew 10:8 NKJV).

I think we often don't realize, how much we exclude God from our workplace. One of my co-workers had a really bad migraine one morning. It was so bad that she had to wear sunglasses. As I passed by her, I was moved by compassion and I right away laid hands on her shoulder and prayed "In Jesus name, be healed". I questioned myself if I should have done that or not. Questions like "Should I pray at my work place or not, what if that was uncomfortable for my co-worker". On top of that I had a pretty difficult and challenging morning at work and was struggling emotionally. Later that morning I received a text message from my co-worker that said: "Hey1 I just wanted to say thank you for the healing prayer this morning... I appreciate you! Feeling a lot better :-)".

Not only did these words of encouragement ease the doubts of should I have prayed or not, it also made me so happy that she was feeling better and that the prayer of faith had been effective. 

I came to the conclusion that we need to just do what is in our heart and in our spirit and let the Lord be concerned about the rest. Ultimately we are servants of the Lord called to do the work of the ministry. As we step out and let the Lord perform unusual things through us we begin to be the salt of the earth and light of the world.

Have a wonderful day!
-Suzanne Tanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment