Monday 13 February 2017

"Touch Somebody Profoundly"

You never know how broken a person is, until you touch them  profoundly.

This happened to me last week as I was working the front desk at our clinic. A young girl came to the desk and as I was observing her she mentioned that it was her birthday. I said to her "Would you like us to sing Happy Birthday for you"? She nodded and so we sang to her and even the Asian patients that were waiting in the lobby area joined in. Right there in that moment she started to sob and cry. This came to my great surprise and I realized that she was profoundly touched by kindness.

It's so true, we never really know how broken a person is, until we reach out and touch them with kindness. So let's get out of our own way and for one moment just ponder on what the Lord would have us do to a person. A smile, a kind word, a compliment.

"Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me." (Matthew 25:40 NKJV).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment