Sunday 26 February 2017

"What Does Obedience Look Like?"

But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” 
(Luke 11:28 NKJV).

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." (James 1:22 NKJV)

I am always amazed at our Chihuahua doggie Davey how obedient he is. I mean Davey (almost) every time responds to the "No, Wait, Come" words. Just recently I introduced the "come" word with giving him a treat. He is so smart and has such a good memory that when I say "come" he comes right away and waits for the treat. The treat is then all he can think about and he leaves his playground of sniffing behind and follows me. Such a smart dog. 

Always makes me think though if only we were as smart as Davey and would respond to God's mere words.

It is my prayer today, that not only I but all of us would be doers of the Word of God and would understand obedience so that we could find abundant life and joy and peace.

With much love,
-Suzanne tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment