Sunday 15 November 2015

"When the Takeover Begins"

I am a left-hander and I do most of the things with my left hand. A few days ago I injured my left thumb badly and had to go to the ER. Now for a while I can't use my thumb and I also need to protect my left hand.

A couple of days after the injury I was contacted by my staffing agency and asked to do some further numeric keyboard testing for a potential job opening. The company hiring requested 6500 kph (keystrokes per hour). As I was very much interested in the job I did not tell my contact that my left thumb was injured and went ahead and did the test.

You have to know that I have never used a numeric keyboard before and my right hand is extremely weak but surprisingly with the the first set of tests I came close to the goal. After the second set of tests I even exceeded the goal. It was true, as I trusted God He took over and directed my fingers to the right keys.

That's what happens when you put your full trust in Him: the takeover can begin. You begin to realize how true it is that He is your refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1). My trouble was that I could not use my left hand, had to use my weak right hand and I was not familiar with the numeric keyboard. But with God all things are possible.

Want to give it a try? Whatever trouble you have, place it in God's hands, put your full trust in Him and experience the joy of how real He is!

With much love,
-Suzanne Tanner 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment