Sunday 15 November 2015

"Don't Let the Fire Go Out"

My husband loves fireplaces and enjoys collecting and stacking wood. Occasionally he has to leave the house and then he instructs me to watch the fireplace and make sure that the fire does not go out. I don't like this task very much, since I sit right next to the fireplace and I have to always lean over and make sure the wood is still burning. It can happen that when I get distracted that I forget to check the fire. If I am not too late I can just stack some more wood, but if not, I have to rekindle it. I think maintaining and keeping a fire going requires discipline and a desire if I want the house to be warm and cozy.

That's no different with our level of faith. It has to be burning all the time and there is a constant maintenance due if we want to live positively and finish strong. So how do we do this? We live in close communion with our creator. The easiest way to see if we are still burning is to examine ourselves as to whether we are in the faith. The Bible says "test yourselves" and then asks "Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?" (2 Corinthians 13:5 NKJV). 

Under no circumstance let the fire go out in you. After all Jesus, the light of the world, lives in you. Keep your faith alive and be a contagious flame that will ignite others.

If you like to you can always post a comment on any post below and interact with me.

Much love,
-Suzanne Tanner
  



No comments:

Post a Comment