Sunday 17 May 2015

About weakness

 "For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength." (1 Corinthians 1:25 NIV).

One day at work the LORD said to me "The weakness of God is stronger than human strength". I was happy to hear from Him and so I looked up this verse and found it in 1st Corinthians 1:25.

A few days later I had an eye-opening moment when the LORD spoke to me regarding making mistakes. I was getting ready to tell my co-worker lady about a mistake she made, when the LORD said to cover it up with my love. He said that there was no need for me to address it and correct her. He said "Just cover it up. Correct the mistake yourself and don't say anything and don't tell anybody". The way I grew up I would always want to make sure I tell somebody when they make a mistake, so they would learn. Hmm... I thought that was interesting and I right away recognized that this was the truth and this was God's ways.

After the LORD had instructed me on this subject, I myself made a mistake and the same co-worker lady corrected me on it. She addressed it and for a short moment I experienced a little contempt and rejection from her. It was an odd moment, since I had learned not to address mistakes but now I was corrected myself. With the knowledge and instruction from the LORD I was able to humble myself and silently receive correction and not retaliate or make excuses. Right then His word resonated and came alive in me about the strength of the weakness of God.

God is good and His instructions are wonderful! To walk in His ways and to reflect His nature is what is needed so that many walking in darkness will see His glorious light in us.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner





2 comments:

  1. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to write. I am glad you like the blog. Have a nice day, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete