Sunday 3 August 2014

"What a Treasure We Have in Jesus"

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life”
(John 3:16 NKJV).


I think smartphones and phone apps are a smart invention. Recently I downloaded a fantastic Bible application. It’s not just a lite version. It’s the real deal! Every morning when I get up I can’t wait to read my Bible. And the best thing is: it’s completely free. 

www.blueletterbible.org
I can’t understand why such a great application would be free, but it is. They offer different concordances, commentaries, dictionaries and audio bibles. The list is endless and every day I discover something new about this app. I could go on and on, it’s just so amazing. I feel so tremendously blessed to be able to use this great tool that I told my husband we absolutely needed to donate some money to this organization. You see I can’t help it. I feel so blessed that I want to bless others in return.
It’s a good thing to “re-realize” what we have in Jesus. Think about it: God loved you and me so much that He chose to give the best for us, His only Son. I heard an evangelist say that “heaven is bankrupt because it gave it all for us”. Take a moment and ponder afresh today what you have in Jesus: justification, redemption, salvation, eternal life, wisdom, love, hope, faith and the list goes on and on. 

Shower your Heavenly Father with thanksgiving and admiration and be generous in all that you do. After all, are you not the most blessed person on earth? Are you not a child of God that has been given the privilege of an intimate relationship with God Almighty? Wow, so be generous in your love, finances and with everything you have and lavish and spoil the people around you with the same kind of treasure you have received in Jesus. 


Have a wonderfully blessed day! 

Suzanne Tanner


No comments:

Post a Comment