Monday 2 June 2014

'When Thankfulness Enters Your Heart"

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?” (Psalm 8:3 & 4 NIV).

 

I know I have been writing a lot of devotionals about my experiences in the garden, but I have to tell you that I learned a lot of principles of God just by observing and working in the yard. One of the things I have learned is to be thankful to God for all He gives to us.


Recently I reflected on our raised garden beds and the growth of our squash plant. We basically just sowed a couple of seeds and then waited. And now a few days ago we were able to harvest our first huge squash. When I looked at it I was reminded that I had invested practically no work at all. This vegetable literally grew on its own by the grace and hand of God. He was the one that gave the seed in the first place, and He sent the rain and put the sun into place. He did it all and who am I that He would be mindful of me and take care of me?

I just felt today that I wanted to encourage you with the growth of my squash. Thankfulness is truly a gift of God isn’t it? As you see how big God really is and that He is so mindful of you and takes such good care of you, you will experience what it means to know that you were created to worship the one and only true living God. Whatever it might be, put your entire trust in Him and then watch Him perform miracle after miracle in your life. That is the way of worship and that is the life God intends for you.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner


No comments:

Post a Comment