Monday 28 October 2013

There is Strength in Weakness!

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me"(2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV).

I recently had such a liberating experience about weakness which I would like to share with you today. We got together as a group of women to learn all about the benefits of walking as a source of fitness. One of the things we received for attending this orientation was a free pedometer. This is a little instrument you attach close to your hip and when you start walking it counts how many steps you take and how many calories you can burn. The funny thing about this tool was that when were holding it in our hands and given the instructions how to set the parameters, you could just see on all our foreheads an invisible big question mark. 

One woman had the boldness or perhaps it was just her meek nature to ask, “I don’t understand how it works, please help me.” This powerful statement broke the ice instantly and I could just sense such a relief, freedom and ease as we all could admit that we were weak in this area and were in desperate help. The help was right there and our instructor was most willing to set the parameters for us and help us operate our pedometer.

It seems like a paradox doesn’t it, but there is strength in weakness! Why? Because when you admit that you are weak, an immediate strength will replace a wall of insecurity. You know you don’t have to be insecure or fear rejection anymore because the power and freedom of Christ will come and overshadow and cover you. Ask the Holy Spirit for help in every weak situation and I promise you that you will experience the power of Christ resting on you. This is when you will be made perfect and others will follow your example!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment