Sunday 15 September 2013

"I am Unfailing"

“Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness (Lamentations 3, 22-23 NIV)".

One of the ways to learn all about God’s faithfulness is to observe His creation. I was able to witness this recently in our garden. I asked my husband if he thought that the Clematis plant would come back to life again this year. As he couldn’t see any evidence of it he concluded it had probably had died during the last winter. I was a little disappointed because I had enjoyed its beauty very much.

To my surprise I discovered one day that some leaves were springing forth at the spot where it was growing last year, but I was still not absolutely sure if it was a Clematis since the buds were still missing. I was just fascinated to watch it grow around the pole and clinging tightly on to it. As I stepped out into our garden one morning I was pleasantly surprised to discover the awakening of three gorgeous flowers. I took a closer look at them and was drawn by their stunning beauty and I also noticed that compared to last year they had in fact grown in size. Whilst I was pondering about this sudden exposure, I just couldn’t help but to think about God’s faithfulness and reliability, and that these verses in Lamentations were just so true.

Do you need something solid in your life? Do you need hope for another day? Today the LORD wants to reassure you of His faithfulness. He is the unfailing I AM and His goodness is never ending. It is available to you every single morning afresh. May this truth sink deep into your heart now and always be an anchor to your soul.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment