Saturday 23 February 2013

"Ask and You Shall Receive!"

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:24 NIV).

I carried a concern with me for quite some time. I kept it to myself and didn’t talk to anyone about it, not even to my husband. Then when this need became a real big one I just couldn’t keep it to myself anymore. I had to talk to him about it and ask if he could meet that need.


And do you know what? He made a way! He didn’t turn me down, he didn’t say that I needed to come to him another day. No, he instantly said yes although at that time we didn’t have the means. I received what I had asked for! The nice thing was that later on that day we had a check in the mailbox that covered more than I needed.

This story reflects so much the heart of God and how it “works” in His Kingdom. If you read the above verse carefully, you will discover that when you ask the LORD for something, you need to believe. The LORD says that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Faith is also being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. Although whatever you have asked for might not be visible yet, you need to hear and know in your heart that the LORD said Yes and Amen to your request. Only then you are really walking by faith and receive what is yours.


So next time you have a need, dare to ask the LORD. Know that He will not turn you down. He loves you too much. He wants your joy to be complete and your faith in Him to be unshaken. So go now and receive your blessings from God!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner







No comments:

Post a Comment