Sunday 7 October 2012

"What It Takes"

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope"
(Romans 5:3-4 NIV).


Thirteen of us got hired for the job. When I met some of my future colleagues for the first time, I noticed that although we all had different backgrounds and life experiences, there was one thing we all had in common; a characteristic that the General Manager was looking for. She was looking for people with personality. She knew very well that these kind of people would master the job and be great team players.

You know I believe that when Jesus walked along the shore and chose his first disciples, He was also looking for people with personality. As I pondered on what Paul said in Romans 5:3-4, I realized that personality is definitely not something you inherit or receive by your own efforts. It doesn’t require good looks, intelligence or a spotless background. No, it is developed alone by enduring difficulties.

That made me think that enduring people are for real, they do not quit when it gets bad. They hang in there; even if they fall seven times, they get up every time, again and again. And this is what it takes and this is what the Lord is looking for. Do you know what I am talking about? If yes, then you have what it takes to be a follower of Christ!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment