Sunday 6 November 2011

"The Place of Refuge"

“He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart” (Psalm 91:4 NIV).


I only noticed how hot it actually was when I stepped out of my air conditioned car. I had to take our dog to the nearby lawn and because the heat was weighing very heavily on both of us I was in desperate need of an instant shelter.

Whilst I was walking along the lawn I came across this huge tree. Then, as I approached it and came under its shelter I immediately experienced a fresh breeze and a change of temperature. This strong tree with leaves like wings carried and absorbed all the heaviness of the heat so that I didn’t have to suffer any longer. Indeed, under its protection I found safety and relief.

Doesn’t this tree just speak about our awesome God? HE IS the place of refuge that absorbs all the pressure for you! As you give your worries and cares into His hands you will find the gentle breeze of freedom in the presence of your great protector!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment