Monday 31 October 2011

Look at the Progress!

“Who despises the day of small things? Men will rejoice when they see the plumb-line in the hand of Zerubbabel” (Zechariah 4:10 NIV).


God is at work in your life, did you know that? He that has begun a good work in you will also accomplish it. The Lord desires to lay a good and solid foundation in your life. But because you look at your calling there is a good chance that you could despise the small beginnings. Perhaps you are thinking that you are taking “baby steps” and that they are not worth of any consideration. But you forget an important principle: each and every step is needed to climb the ladder.

Let’s be honest: It’s very difficult to take big steps in the Kingdom of God. It’s not Gods way anyway. He plants a seed and then he waits for it to grow. So trust me; you need to take these small ones. Little by little, step by step, day by day, week by week you will realize that you are standing on solid ground. This growth will give you such a confidence and enable you to build the Kingdom Gods way. I encourage you today to focus on the progress you are making and at the same time to hold onto your calling that is in your right hand.

And then listen to the Masters Voice saying to you: 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

3 comments:

  1. God is always working in our lives often times I think we forget this and we don't see the work because we are not paying attention to the Holy Spirit. I know when I am done here on earth and He calls me home I can't wait to hear Him say, well done my good and faithful servant you have been faithful with a few things I will make you ruler over many..yes that is the day I await for my Lord and Savior

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Suzanne, such a timely word! We need to take that first step in obedience, and with each step the Lord adds to it.
    Much love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Desiray, thanks for your comments. Faithfulness is a key in the life of a disciple. It bears a great reward. God bless you.

    Dear Yvette, thanks for your Amen. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete