Sunday 10 January 2010

Your Affect On Others.

“As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.” (Ephesians 4:1 NIV).

One of the nice things I have experienced here in America is that you take good care of your neighbors! I think I have the greatest neighbor in all times and I just love to visit and talk to her. She is really a wonderful lady; she is always so friendly, has a great attitude and is just the nicest neighbor you can have. I know that the LORD loves it when we visit the widows and so when I spend time with her, I know I am in Gods will.

In my recent visit she told me that since we had removed one of our great trees in the backyard, she has more sun coming into her kitchen in the morning and she now has to cover up the furniture that is in her sun room with a blanket. We had told her previously that we needed to cut the tree down because we were about to build a garage that needed some extra space. But little did we realize that our tree had given her so much shade and protection in all these years. What was good and necessary for us had now brought about some significant change to her daily life.


What spoke to me right away was how often our actions affect others without our even knowing it! Think about it for a moment: we rarely realize how much our actions influence a persons well being. That’s why you need to make every effort to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Life or death, blessing or curse, joy or sorrow is in your hands. Chose to be a blessing today and realize that each and every step you take not only shapes the course of your life, but positively affects the lives of people you come across.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment