Sunday 17 January 2010

A Sigh To Heaven.

“Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
(Psalm 37:4)


This is an often quoted verse and a well known one to many of us. But what is LORD speaking about when He says that He will give you the desires of your heart? Do these desires include cars, houses, jewelry, money – I mean all the things you cannot afford? Let me share a little story with you to answer this question:

One evening it began to snow heavily and our sidewalk and porch were covered by a heavy layer of snow. Some boys were knocking at our door and asking if they could clear the snow for us. We didn’t have the money to pay them, nor did we have a shovel to do it ourselves. Besides, my husband was feeling very sick and couldn’t do the job anyway. The next day I had a look at our property and in my heart I so wished we could clear the way for other people to walk past our house on safe ground. Looking over to the house across the street I saw that they were working with a snow plough. I thought, “That’s a smart and efficient way to get rid of all that snow fast and without much strain”. I so desired to have a clear side walk for us. And you know what? Next thing I know, our elderly neighbor who had gone through some major surgery, comes walking around our house with his snow plough sweeping away all the excessive snow without us asking!

You see there is a fine difference between demanding and desiring. You need to realize that you cannot make demands on somebody you love. And when you replace your demands for desires you will discover the delight in the LORD that the Bible is talking about. I encourage you today to put your trust in Him and to talk with Him about the things you carry in your heart. And then you will see Him move in truly amazing ways in your life!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment