Saturday 13 June 2009

I will strengthen you.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5 NIV).

It was such a nice and warm day and so I decided to take a walk to the nearby park. I had missed my walks a lot and because our winter was so cold, I had to wait for the spring to come. I was so glad to be back and to see the squirrels and the geese again and to enjoy the nature. Whilst I was walking on my routine path I observed the beautiful trees. I stopped at a very remarkable tree and made an interesting observation. Next to this huge and strong tree I saw a shoot that was growing alongside. I noticed that it was not growing independently, no it was somehow drawn to this tree and clung onto it and it was impossible for me to break it loose. I thought if this shoot had grown all on its own I could have pulled it out of the ground easily and I also would have been able to bend its small branches. But this shoot had grown so close to this tree and had become so strong by clinging to it that it actually became one with it.

And then the LORD explained to me that apart from Him we are weak, but when we cling to him, we become extremely strong. We grow close to Him and there is nothing, absolutely nothing that can separate us from Him. He is our refuge, our protector and strong tower. So whatever you are facing in your life know that by clinging onto the LORD you will grow close to Him. You will become one with Him and you will discover that your true strength lies in Him alone.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it absolutly AWESOME growing up, and into, the Lord?! And how wonderful it is just to be taking a walk and have God speak to, and show you, so much of Who He Is! I appreciate your blog posts, and have just recently realized that you have a blog, sooo...I will be blessed again by your sharing. Thank-you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy for your comment. This is something the Radio Station KBIZ always encourages when they air the devotional: to make comments! As from tomorrow you can also hear the devotional on the radio and also on this blog page. The Radio Station will upload the Audio file tomorrow. Blessed to know that you are a blogger too ;-) and to know your heart for Jesus.

    Much love,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog off of my moms(Cindy) blog. Thank you for a beautiful post and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Carly,

    I thank you so much for your comment. You are an answer to our prayers, because I really would love to interact more with people like yourself that come across here. I hope to meet with you one day soon. Your mother is a blessing to my life and I am happy to see that you both are following after Jesus. That is so wonderful! If you are ever in Ottumwa, stop by and drink a delicious Latte or Espresso with me :-)
    With much love,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete