Sunday 7 June 2009

“I will restore you.”

“But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the LORD,' because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no-one cares” (Jeremiah 30:17 NIV).

I made an interesting observation recently. When I moved into my husband’s house I noticed that the plants looked a little dull. It seemed as if they had no life within them. The leaves were dry and without any glow. And since I was now in charge of the household I thought I would water our plants on a regular basis. So I made up my mind to water them every Friday with a cup of water. And after a few weeks I could already see a significant change in their appearance. New leaves started to come forth and I saw a new strength in the plants. It was such an encouraging thing to see that by giving the plants water on a continual basis they would grow, become strong and healthy.

Do you know that the LORD deeply cares for your well-being? As I was taking care of the leaves and watering the plants I felt so strongly that the LORD desires to restore, to heal and to bring forth such a beauty in His children. So why not allow him to be your restorer and your healer? He has hope for your life and whatever was lost He will find! Know in your heart that in His care you are absolutely safe.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

2 comments:

  1. You're writing shows an anointing of Jesus as a gentle soul beside still waters and easy to entreat. And the audio seems rushed and doesn't share the same quality of a peaceful and caring heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you very much for your comments and your honesty toward me. It means a lot to me.

    You are right, when I listen to this devotional again, I do seem to be in a hurry! I take note of this and will take this into consideration when we record some more devotionals at the Radio Studio.

    With the "Internet Version" I am not pressed for time, however with the "Radio Version" we are given 1 minutes 30 seconds. But also with the shorter version there will be a way to speak peaceful and caring.

    Thank you again. I pray that the LORD coninues to bless you and prosper you as you walk after Him.

    In His love,
    Suzanne Tanner

    ReplyDelete