Tuesday 21 March 2017

"He Alone Changes Your Heart"

For about a year now the Lord has been dealing with my character and my fears. It's been a long and hard process. He used opposition to form something in me that would last. There was no way out, I was locked in for months with pressure coming my way all the time. It was bad and it was hard. There were different things the Lord wanted to shape in me: Fear of man and fear of failure. Both I had to be confronted with and I was not given the opportunity to escape.

Next to having to face my fears the Lord did a lasting work which I only realized once the change was over. During the fear of failure period I had made so many mistakes. It was so embarrassing and also very painful but I came to realize that the Lord really changed something in me. Because the pain was so tremendous I cannot and I will not address a mistake in others when my motivation is to expose the person or be judgmental. Not only did the Lord address these fears but he also knocked out a judgemental attitude in me. I simply cannot hurt a person no more, because I have felt pain myself.

God is good and His mercy endures forever. That's all I can say for today!

-Suzanne Tanner.

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;
For whom the Lord loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights" (Proverbs 3:11-12 NKJV).

 
"Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it" (Hebrews 12:11 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment