Saturday 16 July 2016

"Be the pencil and let God be the pencil sharpener"


God is not primarily interested in your gifts or what you can do for Him. He is looking out for faithful people. He is interested in character, accountability and faithfulness. People that can stand the test, that have character in the midst of trials.

So if you mean business with God and have given Him license to sharpen you, you will be tested to the core for one single purpose only: To have character and to represent Him well. This is a HUGE responsibility and it will cost you your name, your reputation, your everything. Your reward will forever echo in eternity.

So, will you be the one that God looks out for, the one that will stand in the gap for others?

I know I want to, even if it means dying to myself. It has become my heart's cry.
How about you?

"I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one" (Ezekiel 22:30 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment