Saturday 21 November 2015

"The Power of Encouragement"

The first time we went to the emergency I had already noticed her. In the meantime we have been there three times and each time she was there and checked me in. I have found out that her name is Hailey.

At our last visit I had the unction to talk to her on a personal level and say to her, "You are so friendly. Each time I have come here you have been so nice to me and that has made my visit so pleasant". As the words went forth they began to touch her, tears welled up and she thanked me over and over again and said how much those words meant to her.

This made me think that it really doesn't take much and it doesn't cost anything to build someone up. You just pour out in all honesty what you observe. Perhaps you have an impression or a word from the Lord or a compliment. Whatever it is, speak it out and watch how it will impart grace to the ones that are touched by it. Now, how lovely is that :-)

No doubt, the Kingdom of God needs more encouragers. Will you be one of them? You know the one that steps out and touches others with some heavenly goodness?

If you are not sure how to do this or would like to know more on how to deliver a word of encouragement, I'd be happy to help you along the way. Write to suzanne@newheart.ws and we can go from there, ok?

Wishing you a nice day!
-Suzanne Tanner

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers" (Ephesians 4:29 NKJV).

So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged.” Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” ((Isaiah 6:5-8 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment