Saturday 15 February 2014

"Too Late"

“For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation” (2 Corinthians 6:2 NKJV). 


We have a proverb in German that goes like this: “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today”. It so happened that I had a reoccurring thought to contact my dear auntie Jo that lived here in America and with whom I had shared some precious phone calls since I moved to Iowa five years ago.

The other strong impression I had was to call someone to share a thought the Lord had given me for her that would change or at least make her re-think the path she was about to take. In both cases I missed the appointed time; I delayed making contact partly because I was too busy, partly because I thought I could postpone it, and partly due to my lack of courage to deliver a challenging message.

Guess what? My dear auntie passed away just a few days ago and the other person I mentioned gave in to a compromise instead of taking a stand for Jesus. Now I have no chance to talk to either of them. It’s over. The appointed time slots from God are gone.
I think this is probably a lesson for us all. 


As ambassadors and representatives of a better Kingdom we need to imitate Christ who so perfectly seized the “here and now moments”. We do this by making a resolution today to be available to the service of the Holy Spirit and to act upon His promptings at all times. Now let’s jump in the cold water together and enjoy the swim :-)

Have a wonderfully blessed day! 

Suzanne Tanner
 

The God’s Heart Devotions Book is now available for purchase. Order your copy today and receive a 10% discount by sending your email to suzanne@newheart.ws

No comments:

Post a Comment