Tuesday 7 January 2014

"He Watches Over Your Life"

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”(Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

One morning I was thinking about a particular plant, a basil plant that my husband and I had planted a while back. We were staying at a hotel at that time, and one of the amenities that the hotel offered was that we could plant a seed in a small container. 

So on this particular morning it was as if I was taken back in time to when we planted this seed. Now as I looked at the basil I was just so thankful to see such a wonderful growth. 

Over the last few months I had watched it. I remembered wondering when we planted the seed, if it would make it at all. It did! It grew steadily. Day by day it slowly pushed its way through the soil. At first the leaves didn’t look like basil at all, but now sure enough it does! It smells like basil and it looks like basil. Every morning I had gone out to our green room to inspect its growth. I would water it, take care of it, place it in the sun and make sure that it would grow under the best possible conditions. You know, very much like a proud parent.

Anyway, whilst I was pondering about this basil and my heart was filled with such gladness, the LORD spoke to me about His children. “Even before time was”, He said, “I was thinking of you”. “When you were in your mother’s womb, I was the One that formed you. I watched over your coming into this world and I am the One that is concerned about your life, your growth and your well-being. I am the One that takes good care of you and I will lead you through your life so that the plans I have spoken over you will surely come to pass.” 

So rest now in this safe assurance today that your wonderful heavenly Father, the awesome Great I AM, definitely holds your precious life in His hands. Hallelujah!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment