Monday 2 December 2013

"Going to the Next Level"

“Come, follow me, Jesus said, and I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19 NIV).

I am so blessed that I have a husband that loves to fish and is an expert in so many things he does. He recently bought me a fishing rod and all the utensils you need so that our next fishing outreach would be a success. I learned a lot about casting out the rod, waiting for the fish, knowing where they were, different animate and inanimate baits. I came to the conclusion if you want to be a successful fisherman you need to focus on the fish and you need to give them the best bait you have, otherwise they will not nibble at all. I learned that wax worms are a very good and tasty bait, especially when they are alive. The only problem I had was that I just couldn’t touch the bait nor the fish when it was caught with my bare hands, it disgusted me too much.

My husband was gracious enough to do the job for me for a while. All I now had to do was cast out my rod and wait for the fish to get caught. But you know what, although I was highly excited about fishing, I was dependent on my husband to do the “dirty job” for me and unless I had the courage to overcome, I would remain on this level and never become a skillful fisherman.

Perhaps you have some areas in your life that hinder you to go forward and to do the work of the LORD. You rely on others to do it or you say you are not good enough and let others do the “job”. Today the LORD wants to encourage you to overcome and to go to the next level of your walk with Him. He wants you to be a skillful fisher of man. Dare to be open enough to talk to the LORD about these areas and allow Him to bring you to the next level. The excitement for the adventure will arise again and you will be empowered with boldness from on high.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment