Monday 7 October 2013

"The Heart of Evangelization"

“Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!” (John 4:35 NKJV).


Lately I have been preoccupied with the harvesting of raspberries. After some trials & errors I realized that I needed to wait until the berries have reached their full growth potential before they are plucked. Through the course of time I have developed an eye for the color and size that the ripe fruit needs to be, and a sensitivity in my fingers to know when to pluck and when not to pluck. Compared to immature fruit, which is a struggle to pick, ripe fruit is a joy and a piece of cake :-)

Some of the greatest ripe fruit (black raspberries) I discovered was hidden behind leaves and tucked within the vine. I had to bend over, look up and reach deep within the vine to get a hold of them. I really didn’t care if my fingers got pricked and my arms got scratched by the thorns. All I cared for was to save the fruit as quick as possible as time was running out. As the co-owner of the vines and having worked diligently on them for years I had a sincere interest and determination to not let any fruit get lost.

Never lose focus, but fix your eyes always on Jesus and on the target. Don’t worry, He will show you the ones that are ripe and ready. All you need to do is make sure that patience, tenderness, spiritual insight and truth are present when you locate the hidden warriors. I tell you in this way it’s going to be a piece of cake for you and you will bring a substantial harvest into the Kingdom of God.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment