Sunday 7 July 2013

“The Gateway to Ministry”

“Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2 NKJV) 


Working at the Front desk of a hotel I come across a lot of different people. Some guests are pretty cheerful, some are in a hurry, and others are heavy laden.

On one occasion I got to sit with a particular guest in the confined area of a small business center. I

witnessed firsthand one of his outbursts of anger and frustration about an online flight reservation that was not working properly. I was tensed not knowing if he would lash out at me, but decided to overlook a possible offense. I just said to him “It’s going to be alright Mister. I will help you”. To my surprise he calmed down immediately. In this moment the Lord opened up my spiritual eyes to see the true condition of my guest and how kindness and understanding absorbed his burdens right away.

You know, the gateway to ministry is to identify yourself with a persons need. I tell you that plenty of great opportunities will arise as you put your own needs aside and chose to be the eyes, ears and heart of Jesus. This is called compassion and it is rooted in love, the wonderful law of Christ.


Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner 


The God’s Heart Devotions Book is now available at the Christian Bookstore in Ottumwa and on http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Heart-Today-Devotions-everyday/dp/2940424195

No comments:

Post a Comment