Sunday 21 July 2013

Eternal Life

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25 NKJV).



Looking back at this situation I am thankful that it happened, although it was life threatening. I made a mistake and mixed up my medication that caused my blood sugar to rapidly sink to a dangerously low level. Beginning to get very dizzy I sat down, took some candy and called my husband for help.


As I was sitting there and hoping that my blood sugar levels would rise, my body was fighting to survive. Right in the midst of this life threatening moment I made a profound observation: For the first time in my life I understood that the real me is my spirit wrapped in flesh, and although my body was fighting to stay alive, my spirit was completely calm, sovereign and totally in control knowing that it was going to live forever.

Is your life in God’s hands? Would you like to live free of the fear of death knowing that you will live eternally, even if your body dies? Then embrace Jesus today. Believe in Him and you will experience the joy that comes from knowing this powerful truth. It is what it is; spirit will always rule over matter.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner




No comments:

Post a Comment