Wednesday 26 June 2013

Be Fruitful!

“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples” (John 15:5 NIV). 


Have you ever taken a close look at a pepper? It’s just amazing how many seeds this vegetable carries! It is not just a vegetable; no it carries in itself again so much potential to multiply of its own kind. After I made this discovery I decided I would collect the seeds, dry them in the sun and transplant them with much expectation into good ground.

I made a similar observation with my ivy plant in the bathroom. Ever since I have given it once a week a cup of water it has been growing non stop. It has grown in all directions and so I had to cut it a little. I put the branches into a container with water to allow them to grow roots. After a week or so they were ready to be transplanted into good soil. I have repeated this procedure already three times! But the story continues: I bought some pretty flower pots and so now I am going to transplant the ivy and give it away as a gift. Indeed, the story continues and so isn’t this is a good picture of being fruitful?

You too can be very fruitful like this pepper or ivy, because the seed that you carry is godly: it is Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. Through Him you will be brought to a purposeful life again! As you remain in Him, and He in you, you will be inspired and begin to see a wonderful multiplication. Do not despise the small beginnings, take what the LORD has given you and use every opportunity to sow into the lives of others in love. Your joy will be made complete because your actions will bring glory to the Father in Heaven, and you will be called a disciple of the Most High.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment