Sunday 21 April 2013

"Be Prepared"

“Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage- with great patience and careful instruction” (2 Timothy 4:2).

I recently had an appointment with the local radio station in my hometown. I had seen the building from the outside and so I made my own conclusions about it. I thought I could dress very casual. After all the outside of the building looked a bit insignificant. The windows of the building were dark and so I couldn’t see how the inside looked like.


How I was mistaken! As I opened the front door and entered into their offices I was hit by a big surprise: A whole new realm opened itself up to me and it was like coming from the darkness into the light. Their offices were extremely elegant and exquisite. I was welcomed with much respect by two men in suits and ties and I was also introduced to the founder and his elegant wife.

As I was sitting in a most sophisticated meeting room, I thought about my appearance. Here I was sitting in my jogging suit with no make-up on my face. On top of that my hair looked awful. You can imagine how embarrassing this was for me and I thought “Lord, please get me out of here right away.” But I had to endure my foolishness highly underestimating the situation.

So think about this: As a born again believer you are Christ’s ambassador and so readiness at all times is a good place to be in. After all, you never know where the LORD will lead you today, right?! He might just want you to stand before Kings and Queens and represent the King of Kings! Do not think you are insignificant because He thinks you are worthy to represent Him. So be ready and expect great things to happen before your eyes.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment