Tuesday 19 March 2013

"You Don't Have To Go Without"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5 NKJV).


My mother in law was here for Christmas. On one occasion she invited us out to eat for a late lunch. She was going to pay and that was nice. Unfortunately I couldn’t join them because I had to be at work. At first I was a little disappoint-ted because I wouldn’t be able to experience being spoiled. "Oh well," I said to myself, "I am anyway looking forward to work and besides, I am happy for mother and son that they get to have some heart-to-heart quality time together."


Working my shift at the front desk I got to talk to a fine Christian lady. As she and her colleague left the hotel to go to dinner to the best restaurant in town, she looked over to me and asked, "Can we bring you something to eat?" To top it off, later on that evening another guest gave me a totally unexpected and generous tip because she recognized Christ in me and appreciated my servant hood so much.

So true, with God on your side you don’t have to go without. He sees everything and He will make up for everything. You are the apple of His eye, you are His favorite and He doesn’t want you to miss out on anything. He will take you by surprise and spoil you with favor and shower you with blessings that come from His hands. I tell you, just believe it!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment