Sunday 3 February 2013

"Step Back"

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." ~ 1 Peter 5:7 NJKV ~
 
 
The Lord shared a profound statement with me a few days ago after I had pondered about a situation which I will describe below. He said, "You cannot control the things of God because they belong to Me. The only thing you are allowed to exercise is self-control!"
 
Our neighbor’s young cat got to stay with us for a few days. I didn’t realize how sharp her teeth and claws were until she tried to play with me. Knowing this, I felt the need to defend my little Chihuahua doggie Davey, and so I immediately switched into my control mode. I imagined so many crazy things like. "What if she scratches and injures him bloodily and he has to go to the vet?" Observing my ridiculous behavior from a distance I had to make a decision. Either I step back and rest and enjoy, or I continue to get ridiculously stressed out.
Well, I stepped back and allowed the two of them to have their way. Without my controlling oversight that was fueled by fear, and allowing them full liberty, they in fact became best play buddies. The cat was really tender with Davey and my husband and I got to enjoy them more than the weekend TV programs!

You cannot control the things of God and you should not interfere with the moving of the Holy Spirit. You need to step back like an honorable gentleman and allow Him to have His way. Will you trust the Lord your God to take care of your bills, spouse, children, co-workers, health, future and your very life? Remember, He still holds your precious life in His hands.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment