Sunday 6 January 2013

Use Your Spiritual Sensors

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" ~ 2 Corinthians 4:18 NIV ~


I have recently learned a lot about a dog’s sensitivity and how it applies to walking in the spirit. The Lord has been speaking a lot to me through my dog and Davey amazes me how alert and ultra sensitive his eyes, nose and ears are.

Listen to the following scenario: I open the freezer to take out a sausage. My dog that is minding his own business on the 2nd floor is in the far corner room. The sausage is less than a few seconds in the open and I can already hear him running downstairs heading right to the kitchen where I am. Well, that makes me think how fine his senses are. I cannot even smell the frozen sausage that is in front of me, but he can from a distance!

The same applies with the squirrel that is running around outside our house. Davey is already highly excited about it although he hasn’t even spotted it yet. However, when you let him outside, he runs right to it. Spot on Davey! Wow, I want to be like that, don’t you?

We can develop and increase our awareness and use our spiritual senses in a way that will help us appreciate the presence of the Lord and His angels, and detect the activity of the devil. A good starting point for this spiritual discipline is to desire the gift of distinguishing between spirits. It is a free gift and the principle is always the same: Ask, receive and apply.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner






No comments:

Post a Comment