Monday 3 December 2012

Out of Proportion

 
"But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3 NIV).


In German we have a saying that goes like this: "to make mosquito into an elephant" which basically means to make a mountain out of a molehill. I got to experience this recently when I took the trash to the dumpster whilst working my 2nd shift at the hotel.

It was already late and it was dark. As I opened the door and was ready to throw the trash in the dumpster I noticed a reasonably big shadow reflected by the parking light that was moving behind the dumpster. I right away froze thinking that I had taken a person by surprise. I quickly shut the door ready to head back to the safe environment of the hotel, when from underneath the door a scared cat took a flight!

How I was relieved. I chuckled a little and thought that this was so true; shadows are always bigger than the real objects and so are the deceiving suggestions of the devil. He always brings things out of proportion, doesn’t he? How we react to situations will ultimately always determine our well-being.

Now think about it for a moment, what kind of shadows do you have in your life? Look them in the face and then realize that these are out of proportion thoughts, deceiving whisperings of the devil. Do not allow him to tempt you in any way but at all times chose to protect your mind. You do this by turning to the Lord and asking Him to reveal "the mosquitos and molehills" to you
.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Suzanne Tanner

 

No comments:

Post a Comment