Sunday 4 November 2012

"The Immeasurable Joy of the Father"

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17 NIV).


Most mornings I can hardly wait to go outside. I am so curious to know what’s going on out there in the backyard. One particular morning I strolled along our berry bushes and walked through our apple and cherry trees. Taking a moment to observe and realize all the growth I was filled with such joy. “How the trees had grown so much only in one year,” I was thinking.

My joy was then made complete as I concluded that everything was doing so well. Also our raspberry bushes showed tremendous growth and there was just such a lot of activity going on out there. It seemed to me as if an army of bees and bumble bees had been assigned and were busy working to and fro.

As I saw all of this my heart was filled with a lot of joy and I knew without a shadow of doubt that this was the Joy of the Father when He comes and visits us. When He walks through our lives, takes an interest in all that we do and are and acknowledges the growth in our lives.

This observation made me think that it is not up to us to recognize our growth but to receive His approval alone. So why don’t you just still your heart right now for a moment. Do you hear His joy? Do you perceive His delight? Can you accept His love? The truth of the matter is that He is and always will be immeasurably and scandalously in love with you.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment