Monday 19 November 2012

Never Give Up!

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up" (Galatians 6:9 NIV).

We bought a little inexpensive green plant to beautify our kitchen interior a little. We watered it for the longest of time but to my amazement it never bore additional leaves. You could probably call this no growth, right?


We still kept it. We didn’t throw it away, and figured that this was just a simple little plant that would not grow. Now all of a sudden this plant has caught my attention. Why? Well, because to my great surprise it is all of a sudden growing leaves. Can you believe it? After hanging in there for one year or so it has decided to outrageously amaze me!

This made me think about our stamina with the people we have in our life that are momentarily not birthing any fruit. Sometimes this can leave us disillusioned but today I want to encourage you to please not give up on your watering assignment but to continue to bless these “precious plants” with your words of encouragement, your prayers and your love. I guarantee you that in due time you will reap a harvest and it will be one of righteousness and peace.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment