Sunday 23 September 2012

"And the Story Continues with You"

“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45 NIV).


Whilst I was tending our berry bushes I was struck by this kind of profound reality. The original stems that we had planted a year ago actually all died but out of all of them many more branches had come forth. Now a year later there is such a tremendous growth going on here in our backyard and our bushes are more than 6 feet tall.

Just amazing, don’t you think so, that out of something that was planted into the soil and then died such a lot of growth would come forth? Doesn’t this scene just draw you to the One and Only great Savior Jesus Christ that came into this world to give his life as a ransom for you and for me? For the Father’s great love and wisdom knew when He gave His only beloved Son that his death would not be in vain but would bare an immense and glorious multiplication of His own self.

You are like one of these branches and so now the story continues with you! As a child of God you are the seed of His sacrifice –a “Christ in you – the hope of Glory” seed! Rightly John 15:5 says "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing”. Now I think that this is shouting territory, don’t you?

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment