Monday 13 August 2012

"When Gladness Fills Your Heart"

“Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.” (Psalm 97: 11 – 12 KJV)


My husband bought me a new charm for my bracelet – a memory of our recent trip to Italy. However, after only a few days the charm lost some of its beautiful sparkling stones. This happened a few days before we flew back to the U.S. and so we immediately contacted the jewelers and they told us to send it in and they would replace it with a charm of the same value.

It took a few emails back and forth and in my mind I was just hoping they would keep their promise and not act on the motto “Out of sight, out of mind.” But one day as I emptied our mailbox I discovered to my surprise a pouched envelope from Italy. They had kept their promise! Instantly my heart was made glad that day from knowing that My God had been watching over it all along. He had made sure that I would get a replacement and that it would make its way safely all across the Atlantic Ocean right to my doorstep.

Doesn’t this just speak of the heart of the LORD that wants to shower us with His immense kindness and let us experience how much He cares and how much He watches over our lives? Dear child of God always chose the way of righteousness and allow Him to completely take the reins of your life for He wants to bless you with such gladness and godly rest. Lastly you will be so consumed with praise and thanksgiving that you won’t even have time to worry anymore :-)

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment