Sunday 29 July 2012

"The Favor of God is Yours"

“Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man” (Proverbs 3:4-5 NIV).


No, I definitely shouldn’t have done it, but I did it anyway. Against all gentle nudges from the Holy Spirit I left my little bag behind at the bank counter in the Zurich airport. It carried my Bible, one of my favorite books and my reading glasses. Without missing it, I went through customs, walked along the terminal for a while and was ready to board the train that would take me to the gate when I realized that I had left it behind. Bummer!

Frantically walking back to customs they told me that there was no way I could return back to the bank by slipping through the glass door. No, I would have to exit the airport like everybody else and then return back through customs. Knowing that this would be very stressful, and realizing that my plane was leaving soon and that no one was willing to help me, I let it go.

Lost in thought at the gate waiting to board the plane I all of a sudden heard my name announced through the intercom. As I approached the desk I could see the airline employee holding my little bag in his hands. By special assignment “from above” it had been transported all the way through the airport by a messenger that I never got to see or meet. You can imagine how special I felt as my heavenly Father moved heaven and earth for me.

God doesn’t have favorites; as a child of The Most High the same favor is yours too. Only allow Him to demonstrate how awesome He is by handing all your affairs over to Him. Then watch Him perform miracle after miracle and experience the depth that comes from knowing that you are so important and so loved by God.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment