Sunday 15 April 2012

"He Is The King of Glory!

“Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors that the King of glory may come in. Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty- he is the King of glory” (Psalm 24: 7-9 NIV).


I am so glad that the LORD pointed out to me this little green “thing” that was hanging one day on a really thin thread next to our side entry door.

When I detected this “thing” I had to really get close to it. At first I thought it was a glass bead, you know a piece of jewelry that had fallen to the ground and then had been transported by the wind over to our house. The color was so beautifully green like an emerald; the quality was like of fine glass and these golden spots and a fine golden line that went across the top of this object made my eyebrows rise even more. I didn’t dare to touch it; it looked so fragile and so beautiful. As I gazed at it for a while with much curiosity and amazement I had to call my husband and other people to let them know about my discovery. I wanted to know what they thought of it.

The question arose “Could this be a cocoon?” Now I took an even closer look at it and discovered a texture like wings of a Butterfly behind the thin “thing”.” Oh Lord, your glory is revealed to us right now, isn’t it?” I said. Could this be true? Would we actually be able to witness such a beauty made by the awesome hand of God today? I went on the Internet and looked for “cocoon of a Monarch” and what did I find? I found the exact same picture of our cocoon. Wow, now that was definitely the fingerprint of Almighty God! It brought tremendous great joy and encouragement to all of us as we realized that the LORD wanted to reassure us of who He is and bless us with a God given delicate miracle.

The Bible says that the earth and all that is within it is His and that He is the King of Glory. But do you really experience and perceive in your daily life the glory of God and how glorious He is? Don’t you think that if He can make such a small precious cocoon with a golden rim and golden spots, transform a caterpillar into one of the most beautiful butterflies I know of and is called by the royal name Monarch that He could be the author of even greater glorious things?

Today I felt that the LORD wants you to experience the reality of His glory in your own personal life. You will experience it when you take time to gaze upon the beauty of Jesus Christ. He is the Royal Son of God, the miracle and reflection of Almighty God. He is your King! It is then when you will realize that you are chosen and holy, a royal priesthood belonging to God and be made sensitive at all times to the royalty of God in your life.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment