Sunday 1 January 2012

“Staying Close to You”

“As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” (Psalm 42: 2-3 NIV).


He’s quite the follower my dog! When I make a move, he follows me. Each step of the way he is close on my heels and he just wants to be close to me. Often he lies so tightly next to me and there is no gap between us. Sometimes he just wants to sleep on my lap and sometimes he wants to play. Often he just wants to make sure that I am there, and then he walks away doing something on his own.

However, as soon as I move you can be sure that he is right there where I am and resumes following me wherever I go.

This is the kind of need for His presence the Lord desires for you to have. Imagine this: in each step that you take you thirst and you long so much for His presence, guidance and voice. Moving when He moves, resting when He rests and knowing at all times that He is with you will help you grow in confidence and joy for the situations you are facing today.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment