Saturday 28 January 2012

"Paying Attention"

“He said, If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you” (Exodus 15:26 NIV).


My husband is a diabetic and so one of the things he really needs to pay attention to are his feet. One day he was walking bare footed outside and without noticing he stood on a tiny glass splinter. Thank goodness later that evening the sole of his foot was painful and so we took a closer look at it.

This splinter was so tiny that I had to take a magnifying glass to help me pluck it out. What a relief my husband experienced when I removed it: the pain disappeared instantly and the little cavity healed very quickly. We said “Oh, that was good it hurt, otherwise you wouldn’t have noticed it”. Indeed, it was a blessing in disguise.

I tell you, there are some things in your life that exist that you are not even aware of. It is by the grace of God that you are given the opportunity to pay attention and to take inventory of the most sensitive compass you own: your own heart.

It’s easy; just ask yourself today if you have a little bitterness that hurts or a little anger that is haunting you. You know, a little frustration here and there. Perhaps you think it’s not worth looking at, but as you yield anything to the LORD He will magnify it for you to see clearly. Then allow Him to pluck out whatever is bothering you because His intentions are for you to be free of pain and for you to walk in perfect emotional and physical healing.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment